Skubala - Radio Lincs, 6pm | Vital Football

Skubala - Radio Lincs, 6pm

Anything to note of the radio interview? Had to be somewhere at tea and beyond so missed it all

With regards to Erhahon, said he is our player for a year or two. He knows there will be much interest, which may be hard to resist, but we are in control. I thought he only had 1yr left but that might not be so.

A very good listen and also confirms that it is going to seem like an awfully long build up to next season as I already cannot wait for it to start. It will be fascinating to observe the club shaping the squad over the next few months and what comes across is that a plan to do this is well established.

A very good listen and also confirms that it is going to seem like an awfully long build up to next season as I already cannot wait for it to start. It will be fascinating to observe the club shaping the squad over the next few months and what comes across is that a plan to do this is well established.
Season starts a week later next year, as well!

Definitely worth a listen, the interesting nugget was that perhaps Erhahon doesn't only have a year left on his deal.
I'm presuming he got a 2.5 years deal with an option in club favour.

If we did well done to the negotiator to get him/agent to agree to the extra year.

Thinking about it, he's only been here for 18 months so I suppose paying for someone (and I'm assuming not a £30k/£50k type fee) and only giving them a 2.5 year deal would be weird.

Thinking about it, he's only been here for 18 months so I suppose paying for someone (and I'm assuming not a £30k/£50k type fee) and only giving them a 2.5 year deal would be weird.
That would be my theory. I suppose we will find out soon with Danny M but he seems to be 2 years plus an option.

Lasse if the rumours are correct and he has an option then he was signed on a 3 + 1 deal. Unless he has signed a new deal at club previously without it being announced.

Good interview. he comes across as highly intelligent and totally invested in his job. We'll be lucky to keep him long term. Hopefully he'll win something with us first! Good questions from Hortin and Makepeace. You can listen on BBC Sounds..... Red Imps Club. Daft name, but there you are.

If Sorensen is on 3yr + option of another year, as seems to be the case....you would expect those we thought worth paying a fee for, would mostly be the same.

Ali Smith and Walker I think were stated as 2 yr deals ...although that wouldn't have precluded an option if things turned out well.

Wonder how many would have been cheering from the rafters during his first season here, knowing Lasse had a 3 yr + contract?

Wonder how many would have been cheering from the rafters during his first season here, knowing Lasse had a 3 yr + contract?
Not me! It's been something of a turnaround albeit a positional change. Didn't we try him back in CM earlier in the season and he had a mare?

If Sorensen is on 3yr + option of another year, as seems to be the case....you would expect those we thought worth paying a fee for, would mostly be the same.

Ali Smith and Walker I think were stated as 2 yr deals ...although that wouldn't have precluded an option if things turned out well.

just goes to show player strengths and attributes might be more important than where they have been playing for their club, in some cases.

wonder where else on the pitch we could try j brown/ali smith in pre-season? (wide opening there for comments)

also for when all our analysts are scouring the massive database of targets this summer.